A few ways to support the Save Owls Head movement
Please keep in mind that the list below is by no means exhaustive. Whether you prefer writing, painting, photography, songwriting, or something entirely different, we appreciate you sharing your time and talents with us.
We will continue to update this page to reflect new initiatives.
1. Ask the Liberal leadership candidates to protect Owls Head Provincial Park. None of the candidates has yet pledged to protect Owls Head Provincial Park if elected the new premier of Nova Scotia.
If you’re interested in the candidates’ positions on other environmental issues, we suggest reading the 2021 Liberal Leader Candidates Survey from the Ecology Action Centre. You can find the results here.
2. Keep raising your concerns with your elected representatives
You can find all of the relevant contact information here.
3. Write a letter to the editor
Not sure where to start? Check out our guide.
4. Volunteer with us! Do you have experience in website design, social media, or public relations? Send us an email if you’d like to get involved.
5. Join our Facebook group
6. Follow us on Instagram (@saveowlshead)
7.. Keep up the pressure by continuing to share new articles and website posts on social media. Talk to your friends and your family.
8. Share your photos
Do you have photos of Owls Head Provincial Park Reserve and surrounding areas? We’d love to feature them.
Are you a photographer who would be willing to help capture the biodiversity and rugged beauty of Owls Head Provincial Park? If so, please send us an email.
9. Leave a review of Owls Head Provincial Park on Google
If you’d like to see some of the past actions and events from our group, please read our Year in Review post.
Do you have an idea to help the group?
Do you have some free time to contribute?
Send us an email (email@example.com)